WHY THE PROGRAM IS NECESSARY
Investing in Early Childhood Development recognises that the protection and development of children not only safe guards their own well-being but is also the best guarantee of future peace, security and prosperity for the community at large
STATUS AND OBECTIVES
Afrika Tikkun’s Early Childhood Development centres are state-of-the-art facilities with a curriculum that produces quality school ready children. Analysis has shown that they perform better than their peers from feeder ECD centres in their communities.
The objectives for our Early Childhood Development are:
- To provide children an opportunity to develop in the areas of numeracy and literacy, through play and creative activities
- To improve the health and wellbeing of children, through access to adequate nutrition and health services
- To ensure children are given age-appropriate computer skills development
To produce children that are school ready and meet the normative development milestones of being able to read, write and count.
DIRECT BENEFICIARY BENEFITS
An investment in our Early Childhood Development Program provides a child access to;
- Motor Skills Development
- Early Life Skills Development
- Nutrition (minimum of 3 meals per day)
INDIRECT COMMUNITY BENEFITS
Everything Afrika Tikkun does has a holistic approach. We care about the broader community and their involvement in the development of a child. Afrika Tikkun looks beyond the growth of the children in our programs to employing from the local community to facilitate the growth and development of a child whilst ensuring the future sustainability of the program within the community.